An apparent chimney fire destroyed a Wilson County home late Wednesday night.
According to Wilson Emergency Management Agency Director Joey Cooper, the fire started at about 10:17 p.m. at 1970 Corinth Road off Stewarts Ferry Pike.
Cooper said units arrived to find flames coming through the roof.
Cooper estimated the fire was about 50 percent involved when firefighters arrived, and an interior attack was performed.
“During that time, parts of the ceiling and walls started falling in,” Cooper said.
One person had minor injuries from the ceiling, but was treated at the scene and did not go to the hospital, Cooper said.
Cooper said the home was a single story wood frame structure around 1,900 square feet.
Walter Hill Fire Department in Rutherford County was also called for assistance.
“It was a total loss,” Cooper said.
According to Cooper, a three-person family, a man, woman and child, were all home at the time of the fire.
“The man and his wife heard something and then started to smell smoke, so they went outside and saw flames coming through the roof and the chimney,” Cooper said.
No one was injured.
Cooper believed the fire started in the chimney and spread and was classified as a chimney fire.