W.D. Farms in Wilson County was recently designated as a Tennessee Century Farm, according to Carroll Van West, Tennessee’s historian and director of the Center for Historic Preservation at Middle Tennessee State University.
The Century Farms Program recognizes the contributions of Tennessee residents who have owned and kept family land in continuous agricultural production for at least 100 years.
W.D. Farms is owned by Carolyn W. Dudley and was founded in 1913 by her ancestor, James Curry Watson. The farm today contains 61 of the original 91 acres. Dudley continues the tradition of her ancestor by raising cattle and maintaining pasture for hay production on the property.
Since 1985, the Center for Historic Preservation at MTSU has documented Tennessee’s agricultural heritage and history through the Tennessee Century Farms Program.
For more information about the Century Farms Program, visit tncenturyfarms.org, email email@example.com or call 615-898-2947.