For any parent or someone who has a need to get that perfect toy for a little person in the family, here’s a list of the most-requested toys on this year’s Christmas wish list and where they are available.
They are based on the most recent ads from ToyRUs, K-Mart, Walmart and the Kelly and Michael show on the in-demand toys recently. So, the lists should be convenient for anyone to find.
At least in Wilson County, the winter weather hasn’t bore down like at ToysRUs headquarters in Wayne, Conn. on Tuesday. It was snowing so hard, employees there couldn’t make it into work.
We’ll start with ToysRUs’ “Fabulous 15,” the best of the holiday season. Incidentally, the company has established a new policy this year. It will match any other store’s price on an item with presentation of a local competitor’s print advertised price on identical items or a printout of the ad from a website.
Also, for those who aren’t aware, ToysRUs Express opened recently in the Lebanon Premium Outlet Mall, where it offers a broad assortment of board games, dolls, action figures, educational toys and video games for kids of all ages, starting at $6.99.
• Big Hugs Elmo – from Hasbro. Aimed at 18 months – 4 year olds who give Elmo a hug. For the first time, he hugs them back. The 22-inch Elmo has flexible arms, a soft head, plays three fun songs, features more than 50 animated sounds and phrases and encourages pretend play. When little ones are ready for naptime, Elmo will even sing a lullaby and make sleeping sound effects. It takes four AA batteries. It’s available at ToysRUs and Walmart, and the regular price is around $49.
• Despicable Me 2 Minion Dave, Agnes & Gru – Collector’s edition figures from Thinkway Toys aimed at ages 4-12, these interactive characters are sold separately. Each figure recites at least 30 phrases from the comical movie in their original voices, and each responds to sound for back-and-forth conversation. Three AA batteries are needed for Agnus, four AA batteries for Minion Dave and three AA batteries for Gru. They are available at Walmart and ToysRUs. Prices vary depending on the item, but most are under $40.
• Doc McStuffins Deluxe Get Better Check-Up Center – from Just Play are aimed at ages 3 and up. This imaginative toy enables kids to heal toys and give checkups just like Doc McStuffins. Includes 14 bonus pieces, including a child size lab coat, first-aid kit with accessories, “Big Book of Boo Boo’s,” slide-in-play X-rays and more. Five AA batteries are required. The price is around $69.99, and it’s available at ToysRUs.
• Sofia the First Royal Talking Vanity – from JAKKS Pacific is aimed at ages 3 and up. It’s a beautiful 3-foot-tall vanity that features hidden surprises and eight beauty accessories, including six princess lessons, a jewelry box that appears with a push of a magical button, animal friends, a storage drawer to store trinkets, perfume bottles, a comb, lipstick, necklace, mini tiara and a magical lesson card to use with the Talking Magical Amulet. It takes three AA batteries and is a ToysRUs exclusive. It’s priced in the $69.99 range.
• Flutterbye Flying Fairy – from Spin Master is for ages 5 and up. Children can experience the magic of real fairy flight with these enchanting dolls. Require six AA batteries and is available at Walmart and ToysRUs. The price range is $27.99-$34.99.
• FurReal Friends Cuddles My Giggly Monkey Pet – from Hasbro is for ages 4 and up. It has more than 100 sounds and phrases from laugh-out-loud silly to super sweet, responds to many classic play patterns like feeding, diaper changing, cuddling, tickling, swinging and being rocked to sleep. She’ll move her mouth when children feed her from a banana-shaped bottle and is ready for playtime, saying “whee” when swung upside down. Four C batteries are required. It’s available at ToysRUs, and the regular price is $59.99 or $49.99 with PowerPass. There’s also FurReal Friends Daisy Plays With Me Kitty for $39.99 with PowerPass.
• LeapPad Ultra – from LeapFrog is for ages 4-9. This kid-tough tablet features a 7-inch hi-res screen, wifi with LeapSearch, LeapFrog’s kid-safe browser created with ZUI and access to a library of more than 800 fun and educator-approved apps, games, eBooks,videos, music and more. The tablet includes 11 apps, 8 GB of storage and a built-in rechargeable battery, so the learning fun never ends. It’s available at Walmart and ToysRUs, and the price range is $149.99.
• Skylanders SWAP Force – from Activision is a new gaming concept that allows gamers to transform 16 SWAP Force inter-action figures into more than 250 unique characters by swapping the top and bottom halves of the toys. Fans can also play with the entire collection of more than 100 characters from Skylander’s Spyro’s Adventure and Skylander’s Giants. It’s for ages 10 and up and available at ToysRUs.
• Crazy Cart – from Razor is for ages 9 and has up to 140-pound capacity. It has the unique ability to drive forward, reverse, sideways, diagonally and spin in place. Riders can cruise around like a go-cart or lift the drift bar to kick it into crazy cart mode. It’s available from ToysRUs, and the best price to this point has been $349.99.
• Zoomer – from Spin Master is for ages 5 and up. With life-like expressions and voice-activated commands, this robotic dog can learn dozens of tricks, including laying, rolling, sitting and more. He even follows children’s movements with his cute puppy eyes. Families can download the free iOs or Android app to learn everything there is to know about training this silly, interactive dog. No batteries are needed. It’s available at Walmart and ToysRUs, and the price range is $79.99.
• The Ugglys – from Moose Toys brings more dogs; but these are the ugliest dogs around. They are farting, burping and growling interactive electronic pets which are ready to start trouble with children of all ages, but particularly 5 and up. In addition to making more than 30 rude, repulsive and hilarious noises, each mischievous mutt with an attitude can be “tuned” to further amuse children big and small. Three AA batteries are required. It’s available at ToysRUs, and the price is around $29.99.
• The Zelfs – from Moose Toys let’s imaginations go wild during endless hours of hair-raising play as children try to style and tame their Zelfs’ colorful and spiketacular hair. Price range is from $2.24-$22.49, and they are available at ToysRUs.
• Ever After High Royal & Rebel Dolls – from Mattel are children of famous fairytale characters. These four new teenage dolls will choose to either follow their parent’s footsteps or discover their own happily ever after. They include Apple White, Raven Queen, Briar Beauty and Madeline Hatter. They are for ages 6 and up, and are available at ToysRUs and Walmart. The price range is between $17.99-$19.99.
Additional toys on the top-items list include:
• tabeo e2 from ToysRUs.
• LEGO Legends of CHIMA The Lion CHI Temple from Lego.
• Shimmer ‘N Sparkle Cra-Z-Loom Bracelet Maker from Cra-Z-Art.
• Xbox One from MicroSoft.
• Grow with Me Activity Gym and Ball Pit from Infantino.
• Laugh & Learn Crawl around Car from Fisher Price.
• Rollin’ Tunes Zebra from Fisher-Price.
• Battenborg Arena – ToysRUs and K-Mart. Priced at $69.99.
• Crayola Melt & Mold Factory – ToysRUs and Walmart. Priced at $39.97.
• Imaginext Batcave from Fisher Price – ToysRUs and Walmart. Priced at $32.97.
• Mega Bloks Call of Duty Heavy Armor Outpost from MEGA Brands – Walmart and ToysRUs. Priced at $9.97.
• Xbox One – from Microsoft. At Walmart, K-Mart and ToysRUs. Priced at $399.99-$499.99.
• Y-Volution Carver Scooters – At K-Mart and ToysRUs. Priced at $99.99-$119.99.
• Y Fliker Carver Scooter – At ToysRUs.
• Disney Wing Control Dusty Crophopper Remote Control Plane – At ToysRUs. Priced at $34.99.
• Magic Jinn Board Game – At ToysRUs and Walmart. Priced at $14.99-$18.
Hopefully this list will help during that last-minute toy shopping.