Wilson County parents of students may be permitted to request assignment to a school other than the base school to which their student has been assigned soon.
School officials said the transfer must follow a set of guidelines that include:
• a student transfer application must be completed and submitted within the transfer application period, which runs from Feb. 1 through March 31. No transfers will be considered after this period unless there has been a change in custody or residence of the parent or guardian.
• as long as space is available in a school, all transfers will be approved.
• all approved transfers shall be effective until the student completes the exit grade at the school.
• transportation for students granted transfers shall be the responsibility of the parent or guardian.
• in cases where the requests exceed the number of spaces available, transfers will be granted in the following priority:
• employees of Wilson County Schools.
• students whose siblings are already enrolled in the school.
• students requesting a specific course offering not available at their base school.
Rutland Elementary School, Watertown Elementary School, West Elementary School, Watertown Middle School, West Wilson Middle School, Lebanon High School, Watertown High School and Wilson Central High School are the only schools that have space available to accept transfer students.
Student transfer applications are available at the Central Office on Stumpy Lane in Lebanon or wcschools.com.