A new building honoring the history of one of Wilson County’s oldest businesses will be dedicated at the upcoming Wilson County Fair.
The Wilson County Fair Board recently moved a historical building to Fiddlers Grove to house the Seats Studio Museum. The building was moved from the Alvin McKee home on Sparta Pike, where Linda Neal and Roger Marsh donated it to Fiddlers Grove. Seats Studio dates back to 1909 when Waldo Seat processed roll film in the upstairs room above Wooten and Baird Drug Store on the Lebanon Square. Seat’s family operated the business until recently when it was closed by his grandson, Sonny Barrett, who operated it for several years.
The planned museum will tell the history of the business, as well as cameras and photography in general.
The building will be dedicated Aug. 22 at 6 p.m. during the Wilson County Fair, which will run Aug. 15-23 at the Wilson County Fairgrounds.