Grass fire causes shed blaze

A grass fire Wednesday afternoon caused a storage shed to catch on fire at a home on Old Hunters Point Pike.
Jan 29, 2014
(Caitlin Rickard • Lebanon Democrat)
(Caitlin Rickard • Lebanon Democrat)
(Caitlin Rickard • Lebanon Democrat)
(Caitlin Rickard • Lebanon Democrat)
(Caitlin Rickard • Lebanon Democrat)
(Caitlin Rickard • Lebanon Democrat)

 

A grass fire Wednesday afternoon caused a storage shed to catch on fire at a home on Old Hunters Point Pike.

Wilson Emergency Management Agency Director Joey Cooper said it appears someone was burning trash outside when the grass fire started at about 1:30 p.m.

Cooper said the grass fire progressed toward a home at 255 Old Hunters Point Pike and ignited a nearby storage shed. He said firefighters were able to keep flames from only damaging vinyl siding on the home, but the shed was a total loss.

Cooper said someone trying to rescue items from the shed suffered minor burns. That person was treated at the scene but didn’t require an ambulance. 

 

Log in or sign up to post comments.