Crews battled an early morning blaze for hours that destroyed a Henderson Road home in Lebanon.
Wilson County Emergency Management Agency Director Joey Cooper said they received the house fire call Wednesday at 3:52 a.m. and stayed on the scene until around 7:30 a.m.
“It turned out that it ended up being a total loss,” Cooper said.
According to Cooper, the home was a single-family dwelling, and the man renting it awoke to smoke in the home. He said no alarms were going off, and when he went to check what was going on and to see where the smoke was coming from, the roof and attic were already on fire.
Cooper said the man built a fire in the fireplace, and that’s where WEMA officials focused their investigation as to how the fire was started.
Weather conditions also contributed to the fire, Cooper said.
“With the wind advisory there were strong winds coming out of the north that pushed the fire and made it worse,” Cooper said.
Cooper said the man made it out of the home, and no one was injured in the fire.