2:30 PM Jul 25, 2014
(Submitted to The Democrat) The American Legion Tyler Cates Post 281 Riverdogs celebrate after winning its first junior state championship Monday.
MT. PLEASANT — The American Legion Tyler Cates Post 281 Tennessee Riverdogs brought home its first Tennessee American Legion junior state championship Monday with a 7-3 win over Grundy County.
12:30 PM Jul 24, 2014
Tony Stewart hurts every day — about 97 percent of the time, from the morning when he wakes up to shut-eye time at night. But the other 3 percent rocks.
11:30 AM Jul 24, 2014
Former Chicago White Sox player Frank Thomas waves to the crowd before a ceremony retiring his number at U.S. Cellular Field in Chicago, Illinois, on Sunday, August 29, 2010. (Jose M. Osorio/Chicago Tribune/MCT)
shortly after signing, Thomas made his first trip to old Comiskey and told a group of reporters he would soon be up in the majors.
10:30 AM Jul 24, 2014
San Diego Padres' Greg Maddux pitches in the second inning against the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field in Chicago, Illinois on Sunday, June 17, 2007. (José M. Osorio/Chicago Tribune/MCT)
At 20, Cubs rookie Greg Maddux had a slight frame and boyish look that hid the fierce competitor inside him.
9:30 AM Jul 24, 2014
Bowlen, 70, bought the Broncos in 1984, and saw his team reach six Super Bowls, including winning back-to-back championships in 1997 and ’98.
8:30 AM Jul 24, 2014
Non-venomous snakes, like these garter snakes, have round pupils, while the pupils of venomous species are vertical..
The incidence of bites by venomous snakes seems to be on the increase, and this is a prime time of year for such incidents
5:39 PM Jul 23, 2014
Americans blank league-mates for Dixie title
11:30 AM Jul 23, 2014
The deal requires that Wolff engage in “good faith” discussions about building a ballpark in Oakland.
10:30 AM Jul 23, 2014
Los Angeles has gone nearly two decades without an NFL franchise.
9:30 AM Jul 23, 2014
Area racer Skip McCord, with daughter Ella, is eager to get back in action.
"I'm looking for sponsorship that will allow me to run the All-American 400," says McCord, referring to Fairgrounds Speedway's premier race that concludes the season
6:53 PM Jul 22, 2014
First time state champions getting financial boost from public
3:42 PM Jul 22, 2014
Braden Reece cracks an RBI single for the Lebanon Americans.     Gabriel Garcia •  The Advocate & Democrat
Nats to face Savannah, winner vs. Americans for state title
1:30 PM Jul 22, 2014
Cutler and his supporters have lamented the fact he has bounced from offense to offense, seldom able to pick up where he left off
12:30 PM Jul 22, 2014
They were the league’s “it” team because of the presence of LeBron James. Now, with James’ return to Cleveland, the rebuilding process has begun.
11:30 AM Jul 22, 2014
but he did admit to having a “soft spot” in his heart for his former team.
10:30 AM Jul 22, 2014
and will report to the Triple-A Fresno Grizzlies after taking a physical