It’s time to sign up for the Maintain, Don’t Gain Healthy Holiday Challenge.
The Maintain, Don’t Gain Healthy Holiday Challenge is an email-based newsletter program that provides participants with accountability through the holiday season.
The challenge will begin Nov. 18 and end Jan. 5.
It’s designed to help people maintain their weight through the holidays. Beginning the Sunday before Thanksgiving and ending the Saturday after New Year’s Day, the challenge will offer tips about how to prevent weight gain and stay fit during the busy holiday season.
Each week during the seven-week challenge, participants will receive one email message to help survive and thrive in spite of all the temptations to overeat and be inactive. There will also be free opportunities at several local participating fitness facilities. Participating fitness facilities will be:
• Smith County Fitness Center in Carthage that will offer free full access.
• Conqher Fitness in Lebanon for women only.
• Sports Village Fitness in Lebanon that will offer free full access.
• Anytime Fitness of Lebanon that will offer free full access.
• Planet Fitness in Mt. Juliet that will offer free full access.
• Re:MOVE Training in Mt. Juliet.
• Zone Conditioning in Mt. Juliet.
• 204 Fitness Center in Watertown that will offer free full access.
A special drawing for one winner from the Jimmy Floyd Family Center in Lebanon will take place at the end of program.
At the end of the seven-weeks, participants will be asked to complete a short survey. No one will reveal his or her weight, just whether they maintained – gained or lost.
Participants may register through Nov. 5 at tiny.utk.edu/MDG2018.
“We’d like to say a very special thank you to all nine participating fitness facilities for sponsoring this unique program,” said organizer Shelly Barnes.
For more information on this or other family and consumer sciences topics, contact Barnes, family and consumer sciences Extension agent for UT Extension in Wilson County. Barnes may be reached at [email protected] or 615-444-9584.