• Hardee’s gas leak sends one to hospital

    By Matt Masters -

    Wilson Emergency Management Agency, Lebanon fire and police first responders went to a gas leak Wednesday morning at Hardee’s on South Cumberland Street.

    According to WEMA director Joey Cooper, at about 8:42 a.m., crews evacuated the restaurant. Paramedics took one employee who suffered from seizures by ambulance to Tennova Healthcare-Lebanon, while other customers and employees complained of headaches but didn’t go to the hospital.

    Lebanon fire Assistant Chief Jason Baird said firefighters used fans to clear the gas from the building until the leak was repaired, and the building was safe to re-enter.

    Responding units said a pinhole leak was found in the gas line.

    The condition of the patient at Tennova was unavailable. The Lebanon Democrat reached out to Hardee’s parent company, CKE Restaurants Holdings Inc., for comment but have not heard back.

    The Lebanon’s Gas Department confirmed the leak was found inside the restaurant and was already under repair by the restaurant’s maintenance crew when city workers arrived at the restaurant. According to a gas department representative, any service or maintenance to gas lines within businesses is the responsibility of the business.

    Hardee’s is expected to reopen Wednesday for business.

    Recommended for You


    About Author

    Leave A Reply